Last week, EverQuest celebrated its 18th anniversary and Holly “Windstalker” Longdale took the opportunity to speak about the game’s future plans. The 18th EQ anniversary adds a new quest and two new player-designed missions. More over, there are new rewards for purchase on the jubilant merchant that can be purchased with Commemorative Coins.
Now moving to the game’s future plans, Holly speaks about a new Progression server called Agnarr, which is scheduled to launch in the early summer. A few details about this future time-locked progression server were revealed:
– Agnarr is a time-locked progression server that will start at the base game and eventually lock at Lost Dungeons of Norrath… permanently
– We will refer to this server informally as “PoP-locked” even though it will eventually include Legacy of Ykesha and Lost Dungeons of Norrath
– Expansions automatically unlock 12-weeks per expansion
– Experience rates will be the same as Ragefire and Lockjaw
– True Box server rules apply (one account per machine)
– We will have a limited store that will start with lower-tier consumables (potions & buffs), appearances, and bags – and some mounts will unlock with Luclin, but marketplace offerings will not be too powerful for each expansion’s era.
Around the same time as the Agnarr release, Daybreak plans to add new features to all servers, including new achievements for the original game content and early expansions.